Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reading and Meditating in quiet peacefulness

I guess I won't post much tonight.  I am reading a book by Thomas Keating entitled INTIMACY WITH GOD.  It isn't a really big book and it's been around for awhile, but well worth reading.  It helps us(me) understand the prayer life and the meditations that should coincide with spirituality.  It is a down to earth, easy to read book, full of gems.  As I am a simple minded person, it is easy for even me to understand.  Once I have the time to read a good book, the world comes to a standstill.

I also found a CD that I have been looking for and have been playing that off and on today.  It is quite meditative and beautiful.  It also has been around for awhile.  It is the soundtrack for VIA DOLOROSA by Daywind and made popular by Sandi Patty.  I like it so well that I got a second copy for someone at the nursing home.  I just wish I had found it before the end of Lent, but it still inspirational all year long.

I AM THE RESURRECTION,
AND THE LIFE:
HE THAT BELIEVES IN ME,
THOUGH HE WERE DEAD,
YET SHALL HE LIVE.
AND WHOSOEVER LIVES
AND BELIEVES IN ME
SHALL NEVER DIE.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN ME?

John 11: 25-26

END





















No comments: