Wednesday, April 11, 2012

KEEP IN MIND...




Keep in mind that Jesus Christ, has died for us, and has risen the dead.  He is our saving Lord.  He is joy for all ages.

I enjoy good music and this is one of my many favorites.  Too bad that I can't sing!  Most of my CDs are classical with a few exceptions.  I would like to have more spiritual or religious music, but consider buying very many CDs a little out of my price range.  I have decided, however, that I might buy a new CD of something inspiring about ounce per month and stay within my budget.  Hm...do I have a budget?  With the price of gas...I better have one!

If you look at the lyrics, (there are more)they tell you everything about the coming, the giving grace for man, and the sacrifice of our Lord.  The music itself is easy to follow and sing with.  Even I can do that...even with sinus problems and a voice that wants to fade in and out.  That's what I like: simple and easy songs to sing or sing with.  I just hope that no one ever hears me or is subject to my painful renditions.  Plug your ears, everyone!

The Rosary is similar in that it tells the story of the coming of Christ, His life, His death, His resurrection, and the honor given to His Holy Mother.  If you can pray all 15 decades of the rosary, you are in essence "reading the gospel."  The rosary became the Bible of the poor, when the common man of the middle ages was uneducated and couldn't read or have access to the Bible itself.  It was and is, easy to learn, recite, remember and pray.  It is also considered a meditative or contemplative prayer.  You may think that only Catholics pray the rosary, but that isn't totally correct.  Others of different faiths, also see the value in this simple, yet complex prayer.  And as I have said, I have a special devotion to Mary and to the rosary.  Ask me about it...go ahead...just ask me!

Then, referring back to sacred music; it is said that to sing praise to the Lord is a prayer said twice.  I think Peter may have said something along that line in one of the epistles, but I don't remember and tonight I am just too lazy to look it up.

As it was cool this morning I stayed in my "warmies" and kept the heat on.  In the past I have turned the heat off by April 1, but this year has been so unpredictable, I just turned it down, but left it on.  A good thing, too.  It is supposed to drop down into the low 30's and have a good frost.  See...I told everyone it was, and is, a bit early for most gardens. 

END

No comments: