Monday, April 9, 2012

A NEW ME OR AND OLD ME?

We have started a new week and Lent is over...or the concept and practice of reflection, penance and spiritual growth is now a memory...or is it.  We are supposed to come away from 40 days of prayers and reflections with a stronger spirituality, understanding and steadfastness in our relationship with the Lord and remember that God is indwelling and always with and part of us.

I have learned a lot with this recent Lenten endeavor.  Some things about myself I don't like or care to admit to.  When I am tired I am apt to put my foot in my mouth or become judgemental.  With some effort I have become a little stronger and or a better person, but continually need improvement.  I will not mention my many weakness or few strong points that may exist, here.  The point is: I know them.  I admit to them.  I will work to improve and become a better person.  It is a lifetime job and perhaps an occ. small achievement will occur, in the quest for a "better me" for the Glory of God.  All things are for God. 

In the days of Holy Week I forgot to take some books back to the library.  Of course, they were slightly overdue.  Of course, I had to pay a fine.  I don't mind paying a small fine
because all fines go toward buying new books and I really enjoy making use of the library.  Everyone should have access to a good library and the knowledge therein.

It has cooled off and there may be a local frost.  I keep telling people that it is too early to put out much of a garden...and I don't think I will put out a garden this year.  A good garden is a lot of hard work and needful of attention.  My body does not like the attention that IT is needful of, either.  So, I will basically watch the grass grow.  Or a few flowers.

I did go and shop a little.  I wanted to buy some shoe polish in the can-the wax kind-and stain a few boards.  I thought that I might need several cans, but at $5.79 each, I left them on the shelf.  Maybe I can find shoe polish a little cheaper somewhere else.  But...but I did get some yummy stuff so my shopping trip was not without a few good things.. 

Generally, I do not post much on a Monday.  Because I went to church Saturday eve. I fulfilled my obligation and was honored to do so.  So, on Sunday I was able to sleep late...very late, and enjoy a very quiet, peaceful day.  It is amazing what a good rest can do.  We all need to re-charge our batteries once in a while.  To that end I would like to go on a retreat sometime this year and keep up the internal flow.  Sometime.... 

END

No comments: