Monday, April 16, 2012

JUST RANDOM WRITING

Yes, I definitely need to go back and "fix" or polish the last poem I posted.  It's what comes out when you are at the end of a day and tired.  I will go back and edit it, but not tonight.

Mondays are always slow "think" days for me.  That means my brain needs a little jolt or recharging.  It also means that I didn't get a lot done today.

I did a small amount of shopping.  I did get a gallon of milk whereas I usually only get a half gallon.  If I get a full gallon, then I won't need to go back to the store as often.  I use a lot of milk so a half gallon just doesn't last.

Tomorrow I go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned.  When our earthly demise comes there is very little that we can "take with us," but I intend to take my teeth with me.  I don't want to leave my pearly whites behind soaking in a cup somewhere.  Nope, they are going where I go, up down or wherever.  So there.

My neighbor boat a boat...a big boat...a really big boat.  It would be right at home on any of Great Lakes or the deepest waters of the Ohio.  Right now it sits in the street.  I think it is just a matter of time before some kid decides to climb aboard and become a pirate captain looking for a wayward vessel on the open sea-or on the open road. Just wait until my neighbor has to  bury his money into repairs and upkeep.  Right now I am sure it is a treasure ship to him.  It is an older boat, sits on a trailer and could easily roll down the street or with the frolicking waves of  an errant wind.  Wow!  I hope not and that they secure the thing.

A CHILDS' PRAYER

A LITTLE LAMB, O LORD BEHOLD,
AND MAKE ME ONE OF JESUS' FOLD
AND MAY I FROM THIS DAY BEGIN
TO LOVE YOUR WAYS AND FLEE
FROM SIN

Writer unknown.


The above little poem I do not have to "fix."  Some one else wrote it.  I think I have posted it before, but you know, the brain still needs a jolt of "thinker's juice".


END








No comments: