Wednesday, April 25, 2012

GOOD BEAN SOUP AND POOR POETRY!

Bean Soup!  The crock pot is bubbling away and making good stuff.  It smells ever so good!  Today I was rummaging through the freezer and found a 10 pound box of bacon that I had forgotten about.  So there is bacon in the bean soup, plus a few leftovers that needed to be used up.  I'm pretty sure that it will all bend well and taste as good as it smells.  Did I tell you that I like Split Pea soup and Bean soup?

As I consider this I am aware that bacon has become pretty expensive, anywhere from $3.98 to almost $5.00 a package.  So coming across the bacon was a happy treasure find while freezer hunting.  I have a lot to use up because I want to get rid of that old freezer as it leaks and doesn't look so lovable anymore.  Using up what I have will save me money in the short term, and I do want to save money!  Who doesn't!

Gas was $3.55 for about two days.  Now it has jumped again because all the "checks" are coming out.  I am so sick of being manipulated by the government, big oil, and big business, that I wish I could just head for the hills and be independent of this farce of "global economy."

So, what else is new?  I went for a haircut, but as the S.S. checks are in the banks, everyone else wanted to get a hair cut, too.  I could see that the beautician was swamped, so I told her I would come back tomorrow, Which may be just as bad as today.  I went shopping instead and spent all of seven dollars.  I do need to get a few more items, but not many.  I continue to look for shoe polish, of all things!  Don't they make the stuff anymore?  The one and only place that I did find it had it priced at almost $5.00 per can.  Remember the size of the can?  They are not big enough for a project I have in mind.

++++

I HAVE IT
ON GOOD
AUTHORITY
THAT JESUS
LOVES ME...
JUST AS I AM,
WITH ALL MY
FAULTS AND
 WEAKNESSES...
JUST AS I AM,
AS ONLY A GOOD
SHEPHERD
LOOKS UPON HIS
LAMB.

IT'S NOT THAT
HE DOESN'T
WANT ME
TO DO BETTER
EVERY DAY
 AND HE WALKS
THE PATH
BESIDE ME
TO GUIDE ME
ON THE WAY.

NEVER, EVER DOUBT
IT
THAT JESUS
LOVES YOU, TOO
HE WILL AND
CAN FORGIVE US
FOR ALL THE SINS
WE DO.

YES, JESUS IS
THE SHEPHERD
OF WE, THE FOOLISH
SHEEP
AND AS A
LOVING FATHER
FOLDS US IN HIS
KEEP...
JUST AS WE ARE..
JUST AS I AM..

By Me

END

Oh, I guess I'll never be much of a poet.  It's a good thing my livelihood never depended on my attempts at prose and poetry.


HUMBLE YOURSELVES
IN THE SIGHT OF GOD,
AND HE SHALL LIFT YOU UP.

James 4:10

END



No comments: