Friday, April 6, 2012

DON'T BLINK



Have you ever heard your eyes blink?  I have.  When the house is very quiet, nothing is running, the outdoor noise is not violating my senses and I am very silent inside or within myself, I can hear my eyes blink.  I wouldn't want to have this happen very often because it is a very disquieting sensation. At first you don't know what you are hearing and then wonder of the mystery of your body.  Sometimes I can hear my blood rushing through my veins, but that is another story.  I call that high blood pressure and has very little to do with inner quietude.  Still, both are sensations of the biological mechanics working away within.  I have decided that I don't want to listen to the engine of the body.  It is very distracting.  If I were subject to such silence very often, it would probably have detrimental effects on my phycolgical stability.  Yes, "hearing" one's heart beat, eyes blink, and blood coursing along is very strange and odd to say the lest.

Yet, aren't we supposed to be seeking inner silence, quietness and a sense of peace?  Supposedly so, but I do need a bit noise and healthy disruptions now and then.  Give me a few distractions to balance the flow.  Christ on the cross certainly had more than a few. All the great mystics sought inner peace and silence, but also had a few worldly encounters with the mundane daily life of humanity.  Give me some peace and harmony and even a little silence.  I just don't want to hear my eyes blink.

Tomorrow evening is Holy Saturday.  I do not plan on posting because I don't know what time I will get home.  It will probably be sometime after 10 p. m and I know that I will be tired.  Don't look for me here. 

SET YOUR AFFLICTION
ON THINGS ABOVE,
NOT ON THINGS
OF THE EARTH.
FOR YOU ARE DEAD,
AND YOUR LIFE
IS HID WITH CHRIST
IN GOD.

Colossians 3: 2-3


May you have a happy,
holy Easter...
and find lots of eggs!


END





No comments: