Thursday, April 26, 2012

HELLOS AND TIME

Yes, that is my 1976 Centennial Wall Clock  with my fishing pole sticking up behind it.  The clock works...if I wind it.  And the fishing pole?  Well, maybe I'll catch a whale...or not.

Hello to all my Russian friends and to all the other readers from other countries that come and visit me here.  I am always glad to see who comes to read my little blog.  Occ. I get a surprise from a country that I am not familiar with or from someone in a land that is under the gun.  One nation that has never visited here is China.  I am pretty certain that they are really under a watchful eye.  One country that probably will never have a citizen visit here, is N. Korea.  Where ever you may be and whatever your situation,  may you be blessed and protected by the gathering of Angels of the Lord who made us.  God loves us all.

The bean soup turned out well and I did get my hair cut this afternoon.  It is a little shorter than I like it to be, esp. around the ears.  The beautician gets a little carried away with her scissors.  The nice thing about it is that it is bound to grow back and in a couple of weeks it won't be too noticeable...I hope.

I stopped at the $1.00 store and got some candy for the residents at the home.  I may shop a little tomorrow, but I did have to come home and shorten my time out.

We had a thunder storm during the night and the hail hitting the side of the house woke me up.  I got up for a few minutes, but really didn't pay that much attention to the storm.  I am one of those people that believes that "what will be, will be."  As it says in the gospels, some will be taken and some will be left behind, but we will not know when or the hour, so why worry about what I can not change.  I was told once that I was a person that did not care or sanguine.  Actually, I care very much, but also know that I am a child of God and therefore subject to His will.  Therefore, within reason and with good sense, I try to put fear aside.  That doesn't mean that the events of life do not concern me or effect my thoughts or deeds, because I also try to face reality and deal with it.  Sometimes...often, I fail, but I stumble without fear because I know that I am loved...just as I am.  Hmm, I said that last evening, didn't I.  

It is hard to keep up with the calender.  We are on the backside of Thursday and at the tail end of April.  We certainly get pummeled by wagging tail of the passage of time banging us in the head.  As time is really only a concept that helps keep society ticking and moving along in some orderly fashion, I think it would be nice if we could just slow it down a little and shift our gears into a lower speed.  We are in such a rush to meet and greet our maker!  Lets all forget to wind our clocks and enjoy the days that are gifted to us.  Note that I say gifted and not given.  Life and liberty are a gift and not just randomly given to us...even to the least..the poorest and the forgotten among us.  We...are a gift within the Holy Spirit, and of the Holy Spirit, and the Creator of all.

PSALM 4:

I WILL BOTH
LAY ME DOWN
IN PEACE,
,AND SLEEP;
FOR THOUGH,
LORD,
ONLY MAKES ME
DWELL IN SAFETY.

+++

JOHN 14: 26

BUT THE COMFORTER,
WHICH IS THE
HOLY GHOST,
WHOM THE FATHER
WILL SEND
IN MY NAME,
HE SHALL TEACH
YOU ALL THINGS,
AND BRING ALL THINGS
TO YOUR REMEMBRANCES:
BUT BE OF GOOD CHEER,
I HAVE OVERCOME
THE WORLD.

END


No comments: