Monday, April 30, 2012

REST THE SPIRT THAT IT MAY SOAR

No shopping .  No work today.  No washing laundry.  But I was busy anyway. I was out for most of the afternoon.  Now I'm tired.  And yawning.  Although it isn't all that late, it is time for me to crawl into my bed, lay down my head and drift away into good and prayfull dreams.

I did drop off a small bag at the Salvation Army as I went about my way.  It was an accumulation of plastic bags that can be used over or recycled.  That was my work of the day.

Yesterday I came home from church and cooked some roast beef and onions.  I already had macaroni and seafood salad, so my meals are cooked for a couple of days and ready to heat and eat.  So, tomorrow I can start some more "work" and the grass needs to be cut...if it doesn't rain.  And so it goes.

COME, BLESS THE LORD,
ALL YOU SERVANTS
OF THE LORD;
PRAISE YOU SERVANTS
OF THE LORD,
WHO STAND IN THE HOUSE
OF THE LORD
DURING THE HOURS
OF NIGHT.
LIFT UP YOUR HANDS
TO THE SANCTUARY,
AND BLESS THE LORD.

Psalm 133: 1-3

Do you get tired of praising the Lord, giving thanks for all the blessings we receive, bearing witness or testimony to the Word or the presence God?  I know I get weary of it at times, especially if I think that no one reads or hears the Word of God as written by the Apostles and the saints.  And I often wonder if there are any great prophets or saints for OUR times.  I persist in my little evangelism here, tired or not.  What I have to say or share is of no great importance.  I hope it might steer one or two in the right direction, that they may take up their own quest and follow Christ.  There is an expression: "Heavy is the head that bears the crown."  You might transfer that famous quote and say, "Heavy was the head that bore the crown of thorns"...or "Heavy was the cross that was born for us"..."Heavy the heart that shed His blood for His sheep."  All an any of that, and more.

Yes, we tire.  I am tired  But I will refresh my soul in Christ, my Lord, and rest...and then pick myself up when I awake and try again.  You can, too.  All Praise, Honor and Glory is Yours, now and forever.  So be it.  So we do pray.

END

 

No comments: