Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prose and poetry and Mother Nature-God's own

Mother Nature has been taking some wrong turns lately or at least making a few detours.  She keeps sliding along, past and by us here where I am, while soaking other areas that are not all that thrilled to entertain her.  While acknowledging that the farmers have their fields planted early and could now use the rain, I was able to get the biggest part of the yard mowed this afternoon by dodging a few light sprinkles here and there.  I should have finished the front yard, but it was pretty warm and humid.  If Madam Rain Maker will stay away for part of tomorrow, I hope to finish my yard work.  Then the old girl can let loose and do what she does best, and that is to water all of God's creation and creatures.

I put about 4 pints or more, of bean soup in the freezer.  I could have put more away, but I've been enjoying it.  It isn't
hard to make good bean soup.  You need beans, onions, some salt and herbs with a couple quarts of water and time.  The longer the beans can sit and simmer, the better it is.  At least I think so.  The beans are a high fiber protein so you really don't have to add meat unless you want to.  I always want to.  It just makes it all that much better.

The power was cut off today at the height of the heat humidity, and with the loss of electricity, so went the A/C and fans.  However, I won't complain as the local power company has been busy upgrading and doing a lot of good maintenance work on the lines.  We have a really effective  power company here, and they are working all the time.  I guess that is why we seldom lose electricity when the nasty nature of the "Big Momma" raises her head and does NOT take a detour. 

Something happened next door; I don't know what.  A fire truck and an ambulance were out front for a while.  When the ambulance left they were using their sirens, so I guess some one was transported to the hospital.  I hope it wasn't something serious.

I am working on a new poem.  This one is a little harder to do as I am trying to conform it with one of the Psalms.  It takes a bit of thought and re-working, but it is coming along.

When I was in collage the instructor said poetry should not rhyme, but say the most with the least amount of words.  I am more inclined to like poetry that does have a rhythm or meter.  As I do not have to please any old English instructor, " I will just write poetry or prose "my way" and not by some ones else's dictates.  So...when I get it done I will post it here.  I just wish I could add some music to a couple of my poems.


THE WORKS OF GOD
ARE ALL OF THEM GOOD;
IN IT'S OWN TIME
EVERY NEED SUPPLIED.

Sirach 39: 16

CHARM AND BEAUTY
DELIGHT THE EYE,
BUT BETTER THAN
EITHER,
THE FLOWERS
OF THE FIELD.

Sirach 40: 22
+++

 I want many things, but I need very little.  Most of us are cut from the same patteren, dumbed down to desire whatever is being advertized, flunted on TV or acquired by our fiends or neighbors.  If the roof over my head does not leak, my bed is warm and cozy and there is food within the pantry, I am happy.  Perhaps I have aquired better traits with age and experience, or maybe grace and contentment come with gray hair;  it is part of the growing of the spirit, I think.  So be it.  I will take whatever grace that come my way.  I need it.

P.S.  Hello, French readers.  Hello to English readers...and more.

END











No comments: