Saturday, May 12, 2012

FEED MY SHEEP...HONOR THEY MOTHER...


I must be tired.  I even went to bed "early" last night.  I crawled into bed just before midnight and I think I'll do it again tonight.  I do need to get up early in the A.M.  Sunday, you know.

I have tomatoes in the back of the van..and Golden Glob Sweet Peppers.  These will go to the nursing home for them to plant out on the patios for the residents...and for themselves, of course.  I also need to fix a small package of rare doughnut seeds for one of the Sisters.  She may kill me...actually she is pretty good natured and does appreciate a good joke.

It has been raining lightly most of the afternoon.  The real rain is supposed to come overnight and in the morning.  I brought my umbrella in from the van and hung it on the door knob in case it is pouring when I go out in the morning.

I washed the dishes "late" as I don't want to get up to a sink full of dirty dishes when I get up early tomorrow.  I made spaghetti and sauce this afternoon and was messy.  I splattered the sauce.  If you are going to make good spaghetti sauce you really should splatter some...just to prove that you've been cooking.

+++

EAT THY BREAD
WITH THE HUNGRY
AND THE NEEDY,
AND WITH THY GARMENTS
COVER THE NAKED.

Tobias 4: 17

We never hear much from the book of Tobias.  In chapter four he counsels his son on the ways to conduct himself and give honor and glory to God.  It is also reminiscent of the Ten Commandments, but is a more readable or understanding form, as a father would speak to his son.  Maybe that's why it is seldom preached or sermonized.  Maybe it doesn't sound "lofty enough" or spiritual enough for inspiration.  And since tomorrow is Mother's day, Tobias reminds his son(and us) all that the son's mother suffered for him.  I would consider it "a must read" or at least a "should read."  The Book of Tobias is also a foretelling of the coming of Christ.  Read Tobias.


Happy, Holy Mother's Day to any and all Mothers.  I wish mine were here to tell and wish it to.



END





No comments: