Friday, May 11, 2012

Insurance for this life and the next



It's Friday already and I have nothing to say...or write about.  I did say I would be out today to see about my insurance.  State Farm wants to insure my house for $98, 000 dollars-replacement cost.  Of course it isn't worth anything near that amount, but that is what they said it would coast to replace it if anything were to happen.  It does have a nice lot.  That's all I can say for it.  Oh well.  I always call it my "tumble down house."

I will get my tomato plants tomorrow, but probably won't plant them until Monday or Tuesday.  It is supposed to rain Saturday night and into Sunday, but I don't think I will have them in the ground before the beginning of the week.  I have other things to do.  Other than what I have just written, there isn't a lot going on.  I like quiet days.


+++

THE LORD IS MY LIGHT
AND SALVATION;
WHOM SHALL I FEAR?
THE LORD IS THE
STRENGTH OF MY LIFE;
OF WHOM SHALL
I BE AFRAID?

Psalm 27: 1
 
HEREIN IS LOVE,
NOT THAT WE
LOVED GOD,
BUT THAT HE
LOVED US,
AND SENT
HIS SON
TO BE
PROPITIATION
FOR OUR SINS.

1 John 4: 10

We live in times where we have to have insurance on our cars and homes...and sometimes many live in fear. Our true insurance should be in our faith and devotion to the God who made us.  I am often tempted to drop home owners coverage, because it is so expensive.  I keep it, for at my age it would be difficult to start from scratch.  So, while I stay practical about insurance, I do trust myself into the care of the Lord.

END

No comments: