Thursday, May 10, 2012

GREAT AMERICAN BARK-OFF...SORT OF.

Whew!  18, 45 visitors and readers.  Hello to Hong Kong, by the way.

This has been a busy day.  The back yard looks good and the grapes are growing.

The Pit Bull next door chases the wheel on the lawn mower and tries to bite it through the fence.  Her pal, the black Lab tries to do whatever she does...she is definitely the leader of their little pack.  On the other side of the fence where the new neighbors are, there is a fat Golden Retriever.  They are all barking at once and tryng to tell each other who is boss.  I guess you could call it a barking party or a bark-off.  I am a captured audience.

The Golden Retriever did make me laugh 'though.  She was rolling in the grass on her back and barking at the sky.  I guess she was barking for the sheer joy of being a hefty
pampered dog-person.  However, funny as it was, I do not get to enjoy my yard or the work that I put into it.  It stinks out there!  Yes, Doggy Doo and lots of it.

As I have to go see about my car and house insurance tomorrow, I will be out again and will not get much done.  I did get to sleep in my bed last night, but still have things to put away.  I found lots of things that I forgot I had, which is good.  Now I won't need to go out and buy more things to put away and forget!

I did want to get more "research" done today on the thoughts of prayer.  There is only one of me and I didn't get it done.  In this beautiful weather there are just too many things waiting to be done.  I should hire a maid and a secretary...I wish.

+++

I WILL LAY ME DOWN IN PEACE,
AND SLEEP, FOR THOU, LORD,
ONLY MAKES ME DWELL
IN SAFETY.

Psalm 4: 8

I will go to bed soon and lay my head down in peace.  I worked hard this day and will pray the LOTH(Liturgy of the Hours)and place my well-being and safety in the hands of He Who made me.  How about you?

END





No comments: