Thursday, May 31, 2012

RAIN AT LAST

I guess most working stiffs know that the economy isn't as rosy as our politicians would have you believe.  That is why I continue to stock up whenever there is a sale.  Today I bought 10-29 oz cans of peaches for $1.00 each.  I bought several items that were on sale for $1.00 each and will go back and get some more food items.  I guess you might call it my grocery piggy bank.  If anything, I can share my abundance with those that may be in need in the future. Unlike the movie THE POSTMAN , "stuff isn't getting better."  We labor under the false premises that our politicians and government feed us.  "Man doesn't live on bread alone."  If each and everyone of us could or would, we should do as the Mormons do and put away enough food for a year or more.

I noticed in the news that the Federal Bank has manipulated the interest rates to just about zero.  The government can not pay its bills this way and I don't see how it can go on like this much longer.  If the government goes belly up so will the working class of America, the elderly and the poor, and even the traditional middle class.  The politicos will not go hungry or go without.  Therefore, I urge one and all to stock up whenever possible and be more than discrete about what you have and where you have it.  I've always heard that "Charity begins at home."  If you can not take care of yourself, you can not take care of others.

It has been raining a nice steady rain this afternoon and eve.  We really needed it and I'm sure the farmers are happy about it as well as the firemen.  There have been a few brush fires and it could have gotten worse.

I paid the house insurance.  I got the basic home owner's policy.  I just couldn't afford the policy that was suggested.  Next I have to pay for auto insurance which jumped up, too.  You have no choice as it is the "law."  So I will be basically poorer for a couple of months.  It isn't like I am frivolous and wasteful, and I know I am far better off than many, but I would be happy if I could just keep a little bit form me and not for thee.

I had intended to go to bed before 12 A.M. last evening.  I all most made it; just after 12.  I did sleep a little later 'though.  I didn't get up until 8 A.M.  and even then I didn't want to.  A good night's sleep is so yummy...better than desert.  I finally got my lazy self moving and went to 12:05 Mass.  Tomorrow is 1st Friday.  It is hard to believe that we are going into June already.

+++

BUT AS FOR YOU,
BELOVED,
BUILD UP YOURSELVES
UPON YOUR HOLY FAITH,
PRAYING IN THE
HOLY SPIRIT.

Jude 1: 20

You never hear much from Jude at Mass or in the Divine Office.  I just thought I would give him a little "space" here.  He was, after all, an apostle, too.  I think of him as a quiet man that didn't have a lot to say, but preached and taught what he believed in.  Peter and Paul were pretty vocal and left behind to the first Christians, many letters-epistles-teachings.  And you know what they say: "It is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease."  In other words I would say that the louder and more verbose, get the most notice in the readings of the day or in the Divine Office.   Just my opinion.  Are you a squeaky wheel?  Perhaps we should all be heard from more often.

END

P.S.  I love watching the little Gold finches
that come to the bird bath
in the morning.
 


No comments: