Saturday, May 5, 2012

IMPROVISE

Improvise:  I wanted to make some home made biscuits.  I don't own a rolling pin.  I have a cookie cutter somewhere-I just don't know where it may be.  You would think that I would have a rolling pin, but I don't.  They are a little on the expensive side so I never did buy one.  But I made my biscuits without the proper kitchen implements and they turned out just fine.  I made the biscuit mix and rolled out the dough with a heavy glass jar; that worked.  I used a small glass jar as a cookie cutter.  That worked out OK, too.  And they taste good.  Now I will have bacon, eggs, and,  biscuits for my breakfast in the morning.  My mother was the epitome of improvising.  She could make do, and did, with just about anything.  She had the original pioneer spirit, I think.  This I will admit to; the biscuits that I made are good, but not as good as my mother's were.  Nothing ever is.

Do you have a can do, make do, will do, kind of spirit?  Most of us can do a lot with a little, but we don't.  We either don't have to, don't need to or just don't want to.  It is very much the same when it comes to our inner divinity.  It is available for our development and spiritual growth.  We are consecrated with baptism and confermation.  For most of us...we languish and make paltry overtures to whom we profess to emulate and follow...and that would be...oh, you know, Jesus Christ, the guy on the cross.

It isn't any easy road to take or a smooth path to follow, is it?  When you are not perfect and everyone expects you to be without flaws, it is all that much more difficult.  You know where I am on that way fare; always stumbling, banging my head on the higher places and scraping my knees on the roughness of the road.  I have been told that I am hard-headed and that is truly a good thing in some ways.  It makes me stubborn and not willing to sit down on the side of the escarpment, watch other fall off the cliff or just plain pass me by.  I keep trudging along.  Sooner or later I will get where I'm going and you will too, if you keep that can do, will do attitude.

I got to thinking(that is never good)there would be no Christ to follow if Jesus had given up and there never was a crucifixion or resurrection.  One man, who never gave up on us, changed the world.

The Kentucky Derby is now another memory or part of the history of the Commonwealth.  "I'll have another one" won the roses.  There was a lot of hoopla before the big race and I fell asleep on the couch and missed most of it.  I woke up just in time to watch the "Running for the Roses" which lasted all of two minutes.  That suited me just fine.


We did get a little rain with lots of thunder and lightning.  The power went of for just a few seconds, just long enough that I had to re-set my electric clock.  We had a lot of noise, but very rain.

Also, I wish to say hello to the readers in Germany and the many reader in Russia, as well as Serbia and the United Arab Emirates.  Dwell in the Spirit and let the Spirit dwell in you.

+++

THE LORD BLESS THEE
AND KEEP THEE:
THE LORD MAKE HIS FACE
SHINE UPON THEE
AND BE GRACOUS
ONTO THEE:
THE LORD LIFT UP
HIS CONTINECE
UPON THEE
AND GIVE THEE PEACE.


Numbers 6: 24-26


GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD,
THAT HE GAVE HIS
ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,
THAT WHOM SOEVER BELIEVETH
IN HIM SHOULD NOT PARISH,
BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.


John 3:16



END



No comments: