Tuesday, May 15, 2012

YOUR BIBLE IS YOUR TEXTBOOK



OK.  Sister has her tomatoes and now I have mine.  I got six Better Boy plants and six sweet green pepper plants.  Now if I can just get them in the ground tomorrow.  Digging is more difficult as my arm just ain't what it used to be.  But I will get it done.

I wrote a lot last evening so now my brain is dryer than a Texas desert.  I guess they have deserts in Texas.  I'll have to ask my brother.

Somehow I have gained back three pounds.  I'm not happy about that.  I will have to be more attentive to what I am eating or packing away.  More veggies, vegetable soup and boiled eggs are back on the menu.

Since I got carried away with myself last night I will not post very much tonight...you get a break.

+++

CHIEF OF ALL NEEDS 
FOR HUMAN LIFE
ARE WATER AND FIRE,
IRON AND SALT,
THE HEART OF THE WHEAT,
MILK AND HONEY,
THE BLOOD OF THE GRAPE,
AND OIL AND CLOTH:
FOR THE GOOD
OF ALL THESE
ARE GOOD,
BUT FOR THE WICKED
THEY TURN OUT EVIL.

Sirach 39: 26-27


Interesting passage, huh?  There was a lot of wisdom and knowledge before our enlightened society came meandering through history and into the 21st century.  The writers of the Old Testament were "street smart" or desert smart about survival, culture, and applying what they learned and knew to their daily lives.  We should be so smart.  We should learn to do the same.  Got smarts?  Get some.  The Bible is a Holy Textbook.  Use it generously.


 
END

No comments: