Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lillies of the Field


I picked today as a "lazy day" as I had some errands to do-take care of.  I went to the pharmacy to pick up my eye drops and forgot my debit card.  However, I did have my very old fashioned check book with me and that took care of that.  I think that writing a check will become a forgotten art!  I did have to come back home and retrieve my card because I wanted to get a few groceries and go out to Captain D's.  I do like the fish there.  Thus, the day went.

Tomorrow I need to finish up the yard work.  I also need a new trimmer.  I want to get the new Troy trimmer with the electric start, but they are expensive so I will think about it for a while.  I can't pull the cord on my old trimmer or on the mower.  The mower does have an electric start so that helps a lot. 

Today I hurt my wee little finger.  I slammed the washing machine cover down on it. OUCH!   I thought I broke it and did a little dance for a minute or two.  I guess I will recover.

We need rain.  There is rain all around, but not here.  This is just the way the weather was last year.  It started out well, but then became a drought and the gardens did not do well.  I hope I won't need to water my tomato plants.

+++

CONSIDER HOW
THE LILLI ES
OF THE FIELD GROW:
THEY NEITHER TOIL
NOR SPIN,
YET I SAY TO YOU
THAT NOT EVEN
SOLOMON
IN ALL HIS GLORY
WAS ARRAYED
LIKE ONE OF THESE.

Matt. 7: 28-29

I shouldn't worry about the tomatoes or the lack of rain.  So I won't...too much.  We get what we get according to God's will.  I am still looking at resources pertaining to prayer.  I have not forgotten.  The more I read and study the more I conclude that  prayer, the act of prayer, the immersion of prayer, can not be dissected or defined.  It is different for each of us, individually personal.  Sometimes there is no defining, as prayer in itself is a mystery of special grace.


END




No comments: