Friday, May 4, 2012

Ahh-THE KKENTUCKY DERBY

Well, it didn't rain here, but just north of here.  A little rain may yet come this way.  Tomorrow, Saturday, is the big race day at Churchill Downs-the Kentucky Derby.  One of the jockeys won't make it to the races; he was arrested for beating up his girlfriend.  Why would any man beat a woman?  And by the way, the grass isn't blue in Kentucky, but a rich, dark green, especially when it rains.

I went out long enough to pick up my eye medicine and get a little gas for the van.  Gas went down to $3.51 per gallon.  Even so, that is high.  We seem to have reached two socio-economic levels-those that have and those that have just barly enough to scrimp by on.  I truly believe that the high price of gas is dragging this country down.  If wages or incomes were keeping up with inflation, we would still be a strong economic force.  A lot of people in other countries think that all Americans are rich or well off.  I wish that were the case.  Yet, we carry on as if we own the world.  We don't.  Our polititicans and government have frittered away the wealth and stature of this county.  I hope they all get voted out.  They are not servicing the country, but their selves.  Stay out of my nearly empty piggy-bank.

+++

WITH ALL PRAYER
AND SUPPLICATION
PRAY AT ALL TIMES
IN THE SPIRIT,
AND THEREIN BE
VIGELANT
IN ALL
PERSEVERANCE
AND SUPPLICATIONS
FOR ALL THE SAINTS-

Saint Paul to the Ephesians
Ch. 6: 18
on Assiduous Prayer

Yes, I have referred to this passage before-even recently, but it is a good passage to keep in mind, even if we "pray without ceasing," as the church wishes us to do.  As the verse continues, Saint Paul ask the Ephesians to pray for him, also.
We too, need to be prayed for and with, I especially. I may pray a lot, but I know that I am found wanting, far from perfect and with all the many pock marks on my soul.  Is your soul blimish free?  Help me erase all the little blemishes and pray for me as well.  Thank you.  Also, hello to the readers in Belgem, Bulgaria, and India.  Thanks for stopping in.

END





No comments: