Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More like Mary and less like me


RAIN, WE GOT RAIN!  It did rain a little this after noon, but not nearly enough.  I hope it rains again tonight, as predicted.  It cooled down a few degrees, too, and that was a welcome relief.  Yea, Mother Nature!  Do it again.

This was a busy day.  I got a lot done.  I got a haircut, went to the eye doctor, got groceries, washed and dried cloths, made peanut butter cookies, ordered fried chicken for a retirement get together, boiled eggs for deviled eggs and...and managed to get what prayers I pray...in...somewhere in the middle and here and there.  Did I forget anything?  Whew!  Tomorrow will also be busy.  I will finish the deviled eggs, load up the van, get gas($3.30 now) and run to where I am going.
.  Which is crazy, I think. 

I forgot to mention in last night's blog that the blog was visited from Egypt and Israel.  I hope that they come back to visit.  This a short post...just because I am tired.

 +++

PUT ON THEREFORE,
AS GOD'S CHOSEN ONES,
HOLY AND BELOVED,
A HEART OF MERCY,
KINDNESS AND HUMILITY,
MEEKNESS, PATIENCE

Colossians 3: 12

We are ALL called to practice and live these virtues.  God knows I fall sort so often and my little mean or human streak rares it ugly head.  Over the years I have learned control some of my thoughts and words, but sometimes my tongue detaches from my brain and I put my foot deep into my mouth...all the way back to my tonsils.  I think it is called cranial-vocal cavitation. In other words I make a lot of useless noise.  So, I do pray that I can recover from this dread disease as it causes more harm than good.

The nurse who is retiring tomorrow: I have never heard a bad, mean, unkind word from her in the 21 years that she has worked at the nursing home.  Her name is Mary and maybe that accounts for some of her goodness, for she is good.  I wish I were more like her and less like me.  I'm working on it.


END



No comments: