Thursday, May 3, 2012

A LAMB KNOWN IN THE CITY OF PETRA

Today I finished most of the yard work.  I say that knowing that it is never done.  The grass keeps growing and so do the weeds.  I try to stay ahead of the rain which isn't too hard lately.  We have not had a significant rain since early March.  The corn is up in the fields, but now want a little rain to slack the thirst of growing crops. 

Again, there just isn't much going on. Tomorrow I hope to start a long awaited project that has been dependent upon shoe polish.  I'll let you know how it progresses.  I hope it turns out.

This is a night that I could just climb into bed and sleep for about 12 hours...I must be getting old...you think?  So, this will be a short post.

+++

SEND FORTH, O LORD
THE LAMB,
THE RULER OF THE EARTH,
FROM PETRA OF THE DESERT
TO THE THE DAUGHTER
OF SION.

Isaiah 16: 1

Do you ever wonder why I sometimes put three crosses above a Biblical passage?  It is symbolic of the two men that also died on the cross that day of suffering.  Also, note that Petra is a real archaeological site in the desert and must have been well known during the times of the Old Testament.  A city carved in stone portelling the Lamb to be sacrificed in blood. The Lamb is mentioned multiple times in the O. T. while Petra is only referred to once, to my knowledge.

END







 

No comments: