Monday, May 28, 2012

BREAD AND WINE AT THE TABLE

I guess that I am back. I have not recovered all the research or pages that were lost, but am moving on anyway.

I could tell you that it has been hotter than hades for the last week of May...and it isn't even June yet...but you know that, don't you.  Someone on the east coast complained about the weather being 84 and humid.  They should be in the greater Ohio Valley where it has been in the 90's with really dry, dusty conditions.  I watered the grass some, just to get the dust down and there is an Ozone Alert which should go away tonight...if we get a little rain.

I have been a little busy and a lot lazy due to the heat.  The next two days will be very busy for me, but at least the temperature is supposed to be "down" into the upper 80's.  Maybe I can attack all the things that need to be done and make progress without melting like The Wicked Witch of the West...or wherever she did abide.

Even 'though I have not been posting this past week, this blog has had visitors from Paraguay, South Korea, South Africa, Kenya, Bulgaria, India, even Mongolia and Malaysia.  Some visitors just come and look, but many come back.  I try to keep up with all the visiting countries, but sometimes I miss one or two.  I have a condition, you know.  It's called brain drain or empty cranium...which means I am forgetful at times or just don't pay proper attention. 

+++
ALL YOU THAT THIRST
COME TO THE WATERS:
AND YOU THAT HAVE
NO MONEY
MAKE HASTE,
BUY AND EAT;
COME YE,
BUY WINE AND MILK
WITHOUT MONEY,
AND WITHOUT ANY
PRICE.
WHY DO YOU SPEND
MONEY FOR THAT
WHICH IS NOT BREAD,
AND YOUR LABOR
FOR THAT WHICH
DOES NOT SATISFY YOU?

Isaiah 55: 1-2
***

I suppose this passage sounds a little contrary, but if you read all of Ch. 55 in Isasas it will make perfect sense.  We tend to burn ourselves out seeking and working for the material wealth and goods of the world.  When in reality all that we need is food on the table, a roof over our heads and a bed to sleep in.  Note that the passage refers to water, bread and wine.  That is what we find and expect for our spiritual nourishment when we come to the table of the Lord-the Eucharist-salvation and spiritual satisfaction.  Anything else is extraneous.  There is nothing wrong with having more than just the basics of survival: just remember where and from whom everything comes.  And if you can share any abundance that you receive, then do so and ask only for prayers in return.

END 

No comments: