Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Pendulum Swings

I didn't get much done today other than what I had to do.  I put a few empty boxes out, along with the trash, for pick up in the morning.  Very exciting, yes?  I  also did a little laundry, a little shopping, talked to my sister in Virginia and brother in Texas.  So, I spent some time on the phone.  And...I went to the Golden Corral.  That beats cooking and washing dishes.  And that is pretty much it for the day.

I was so lazy that I just sat and watched a young rabbit scamper about in the yard.  That was more entertaining than TV.  The little rabbit lives under my shed in the back yard.  It is hemmed in by two big dogs on one side and a big dog on the other side.  I guess the little floppy eared, cotton tail is relatively safe in my yard as I don't have a dog.  Amazing how little it takes to entertain my pea sized brain!

I have been looking for the origin of my family's last name.  It goes all the way back to before the invasion from Normandy into England, around 1600.  Yup, there is a family crest n the mix.  I don't know how real it is or if it is something to "sell" to people looking for their family genealogy.  It doesn't really matter; we all come into this world the same way and we go out the same way.  I said before that I will take my teeth with me, but now I can say that the family crest will stay behind, somewhere in the annals of history.  No, I didn't reveal my last name here, and won't for security reasons.

FIRST I GIVE THANKS
TO MY GOD
THROUGH JESUS CHRIST
FOR ALL OF YOU,
BECAUSE YOUR FAITH
IS PROCLAIMED
ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Paul to the Romans,
ch. 1: 8

I read the other day that over half of Europe is now Muslim.  There is nothing wrong with becoming a Muslim as long as it is in the true context of the Koran and not a vehicle for hate, intolerance or violence.  There is enough of that already. As you can surmise I am a stanch Catholic...or at least I declare myself to be.  I do wonder how I would proclaim myself if  someone put a gun to my head and told me to convert or else.  Have you ever wondered?  This could apply to demands of any religion, social or political power; it has happened in the past, into the present and will occur again.  How strong will we be in the face of religious persecution?  The pendulum swings...both ways.

Welcome to the readers in Mexico and Brazil and everyone else.

END


No comments: