Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SING AND SOAR TO THE HEAVENS!

After mowing the backyard this afternoon I sat down to rest and watch the birds search through the grass for easy pickings of bugs and worms.  Sometimes birds are very much like people.  A Robin just wants to live and let live until a bigger, meaner bird such as Grackle comes swooping in, thinking itself to be the Bird of Paradise.  It is a Bully Bird, aggressive and hostile, as some people are.  Then there is the smaller birds such as the Sparrows, Finches and even the Cardinals.  For the most part the smaller birds do not like confrontations with any of the other species.  These are sort of like "People Birds" because most people don't like aggressive conforntations either.  The Dove, a strong, larger bird is docile and gets along with almost all the other feathered friends that visit my bird bath and yard.  Although larger and probably well able to to defend itself, the Dove would rather make love and not war and coo from morning to night.  I kind of like the Dove and the Robin.  I enjoy watching the birds and hearing them sing-I can't fly and I can't sing, so I depend on God's creatures to lift up their songs and soar to the heavens for me!

This year there seems to be less birds to watch.  There are too many stray cats and barking dogs.  The cats are feral and hungry and the dogs just like to announce their presence all the time.  I guess we live in a dog eat dog, cat eat canary(bird)society.

I work very hard to keep my yard neat and presentable.  It irks me that my neighbors do not do the same.  It irks me even more that the air really smells of animal feces.  IRK! IRK! IRK!


+++

ARE NOT FIVE SPARROWS
SOLD FOR TWO FARTHINGS,
AND NOT ONE OF THEM
IS FORGOTTEN
BEFORE GOD?
BUT EVEN THE VERY HAIRS
ON YOUR HEAD
ARE ALL NUMBERED.
FEAR NOT THEREFORE:
YE ARE OF MORE VALUE
THAN MANY SPARROWS.

Luke 12: 6-7

I always did like this particular Bible verse.  Maybe because I am simplistic and it is easy to absorb, or maybe because I am nature oriented.  I don't know which, but I lean toward both explanations.  I just hope I don't lean too far and fall over.

END




No comments: