Saturday, April 21, 2012

JOHN...THE DESCIPLE JESUS LOVED

 I've been trying to get a stain(s)out of a white, embroidered blouse for several days now.  I am not having much luck.  I have tried just about everything I know, but to no avail.  I don't even know how the stains got into the fabric or what kind of stains they are.  I'll keep working on it.  As the stain is a bit lighter, in time it may come out.
I spent the day in the house keeping warm.  It is supposed to drop down into the 30's tomorrow night and early morning.  I did have to turn the heat on again.  Maybe the weather will settle out soon.

As I have stayed in avoiding the cooler temperatures, I don't have much to say.  I did cook a couple of steaks and a couple of sweet potatoes this late afternoon.  The sweet potatoes have "vanished," but I still have one steak left of tomorrow afternoon or evening.  Yes, I should cook more and stay at home for meals.  My cooking is usually better, anyway.

I didn't seep well last night so I intend to go to bed early so that I can get up early.  I suppose I will take an Ibuprofen for the meanness of aging.  Then I will sleep better than I did last night.  Someone told me to never get old, but forgot to tell me how to avoid it.  Free advice with no solution!  Isn't that the way it always works!

The gospel of John is not really not overly long and most of can read it in a half hour to 45 minutes, or so...an hour at the most.  Do read it.  John wrote the gospel to bear witness so the we might believe.  And guess what:  My father was a John, his father as a John before him, my brother was a John as was a host of cousins and relatives.  No, not the kind of "Johns" you read about in the news or hear about on TV, but of the Biblical name of John.

HE WHO COMES
FROM ABOVE
IS OVER ALL.
HE WHO IS
FROM THE EARTH
BELONGS TO THE
EARTH,
AND OF THE EARTH
HE SPEAKS.
HE WHO COMES
FROM HEAVEN
IS OVER ALL.

John 3:31


You may wish to read more of the verses that follow 3:31 and absorb the richness of John's witness.  It won't take long.

END



No comments: