Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Day Gone Bye-By

I'm cold and tired.  I feel bad for everyone on the east coast that is more tired and more cold then me.  I am tired because I went to bed around 1:30 A. M.  I am cold because I turned the heat way down when I went out this morning.  Both my dumb actions.  The weather man said it would be nice today and it was,  some of the day and the sun was shining, but cold.  I stayed up watching a TV show which I seldom do, but was looking for something other than political ads.  Both actions could have been better decided my part.  Dumb me.

To start the day out...someone was knocking on my door at 8:30 and woke me out of a sound sleep.  I had intended to sleep late and then go to 12:05 mass.  Well, by the time I got to the door whoever was there evaporated like the dew on the grass.  Gone.  So...I was up for the day and not in my prime, but in my sweat cloths.  I am glad that the door knocker person was gone because I was no raving beauty to go and  answer the door. Ugh.

I got to the bank today and then went to the Ruler Store for milk and bread.  I guess everyone had the same thing in mind and it was an ordeal.  The checkout lines were backed up to the back of the store.  After all, where else can you get milk for .99 cents a gallon and bread for .39 cents a loaf.  Yes, there were people stocking up.  Again carts were filled with several gallons on milk and one cart had about 50 lbs of potatoes in it.  One lady had two carts again.  I guess you have to save whenever you can.  Standing in long lines isn't a fun way to while away the afternoon, but I will say that everyone was polite and patient.  That's Kentucky for you: old fashioned manners and grace deeply inbedded.

So, now you know how I spent most of this day and will probably do it all over again tomorrow.  I will be going to a different store 'though, to get goodies for the residents at the nursing home.  Then I quite.

Gas was $3.11 yesterday.  Today it was bumped up to about $344-49.  I expected that to happen after the elections were over and now the big oil companies can get back to business as usual.  Is it any wonder that people are trying to save wherever they can?

+++
 
I AM THE BREAD
OF LIFE.
YOUR FATHERS
ATE THE MANNA
IN THE DESERT
AND HAVE DIED.
THIS THE BREAD
THAT COMES
DOWN
HEAVEN
SO THAT IF
ANYONE
EAT OF IT
HE WILL NOT
DIE.
 
John 6: 48-50
 
I sometimes take the reading of the day for  this post, but usually find something that relates to my thoughts and actions of the day.  I share as much of myself as I can.  Maybe that isn't always good, but really...no one has to read these postings, but I am glad that you do.
 
END
 
.



No comments: