Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving every day...or should be.

All right, then.  The Cornish Hens are all thawed out and I cut/sliced big onions for roasting in with the hens and Turkey breast.  The onions are soaking in a container of salt water so that they don't dry out and it also makes them more mild.  I have everything setting out on the table ready to prepare and roast in the morning.  And yes, I did take more non-perishables to the pantry for distribution.

Who remembers their mothers getting up in the wee hours of the morning to start the Turkey in the oven?  I know my mother did.  Thanksgiving was a lot of work for her and it was what she worried about just before she passed away one week before the holiday; how was she going to get up from her sick bed and cook Thanksgiving Dinner.  She didn't...wasn't able to do so, and I was on the road, coming back from her funeral, on Thanksgiving Day.

Keep in mind all that your parents do for you throughout their lives and the sacrifices they make for the love of you.  I think that I will always grieve for my mother.  Yes, I  grieve for my father, too, but in a different way because a good mother is your best friend...always.

I got up slightly early this morning, went to mass and needed to take a nape in the afternoon!  I just am not an early bird.

Tomorrow I will not post anything.  I will be busy and then I will be out later in the afternoon.  I get the day off...sort of.

+++
 
BUT THE COMFORTER,
WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST,
WHOM THE FATHER
WILL SEND IN MY NAME.
HE SHALL TEACH
YOU ALL THINGS,
AND BRING ALL THINGS
TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE,
WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID
ONTO YOU.
 
John 14: 26
 
We turn to the God who made us, in times of trouble, grief or need.  We should also turn and give Him thanks when we receive His many graces.   Every day should be a Thanksgiving Day as we enjoy the fruit of salvation, His enduring love in spite of ourselves.  I give you thanks, Creator of all that is.
 
END


 

No comments: