Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Busy Day....

I have been busy today.  After mass I dropped off the bags of potatoes at the pantry and in return they gave me a big box of bread.  I took the bread to the low income apts. which is right around the corner from me.  I had no trouble getting rid of the bread.  It is the middle of the month and for a lot of them, their money is gone.  I hope I can come up with more food stuffs in the future.

Now I am cold and I just turned the heat up.  Soon I will crawl into bed and get even warmer.  I think that the weather man said we had some snow flurries in the night.  I didn't see any.

I finished one book and am about to start another.  I didn't finish the poem that I started, but I will...sometime.  Either some days are too short or I am just too slow...maybe both.

There were several things that I wanted to get done today.  I just didn't.  I wanted to go and get a Turkey at .58 cents a pound.  I didn't do that either.  I wanted to go and get my plates renewed for the van...I didn't.  I think I will have to change my name to"DIDN'T."

As I watch the stock market I have a feeling that the economy is about to get worse.  A bread Co...so well know here...is about to go under.  If you don't have food put ahead, try to stock up as much as possible.  I always have candles, canned goods, and water on hand in case of storms.  While the east coast has been hit by Sicko Sandy, I live in tornado prone country.  You do not get much warning if a tornado is tearing through the countryside.  Whereas with Sicko Sandy, a lot of people had time to prepare to some degree, they didn't, some couldn't, others wouldn't.  You should.  Everyone should. 

Take heed.  If it isn't the Crazy Lady roaring up the east coast, or the Ice Queen blowing her frigged breath down from the north, it may be the Tornado Tiger clawing through the mid-west, or even God of Thunder and Rain dumping down upon one and all.  No one...anywhere...is disaster-proof.

WHEN GOD
IN THE BEGINNING
CREATED MAN;
HE MADE HIM
SUBJECT
TO HIS OWN
FREE CHOICE.
IF YOU CHOOSE
YOU CAN KEEP
THE COMMANDMENTS;
IT IS LOYALTY
TO DO
HIS WILL.
 
Sirach 15: 14-15
 
If we didn't have free will we wouldn't make so many mistakes, would we?  We are not bound by the Word of God, but we are bound by His love and forgiveness.
 
END









No comments: