Monday, November 19, 2012

Feeling Froggy

"IF YOU ARE GOING
TO AMERICA
BRING YOUR
OWN FOOD."
from
Fran Lebowitz


OK, I had to block incoming comments because of the spam for illegal drugs that were coming from Mexico.  Then they had the nerve to complain that one of the past blogs didn't have the capacity to take their spam.  When I say spam, I do mean spam; over 1,000 that attached to my older post.  Where is the FBI, the CIA, and the POPE when you need them.  It took a lot of my time to delete all that crud.

On Saturday I started a "big" job of removing all the contents of my pantry, cleaning it and trying to sort all the canned goods out by category.  You know; beans go here, corn goes here, relish over there.  I didn''t know I had so much in the pantry.  I am not done yet because I didn't work at it on Sunday.  I put a few things away this afternoon, but I am not a ball of fire.  I need to kick myself into gear and get it finished.

This evening I cooked up a plate full of frog legs and ate all of them.  It isn't hard to consume a plate full of frog legs because they are small.  It used to be that frog legs were a bit bigger, but like everything else those poor little froggies have been downsized.  I guess if you want nice sized frog legs you have to go out and gig them yourself.  I am not about to do that.  Now they are out of the freezer and into my tummy.  P.S.  When breaded, seasoned and deep fried they taste like chicken.  Tiny Weenie Chicken legs!

I finally pulled the Cornish Hens out of the freezer today.  I should have done that a couple days ago.  Also, I found some Aparigus in the pantry and mushrooms and a bunch of stuff that I will cook up on Wednesday and Thursday.  I forgot I had them and now I won't have to buy any.

Other than that...what else is new?  Nothing.  There are a few things that I need to do tomorrow; I hope my ambition kicks in because I have been lazy most of the day.  Lend me some, if you will.

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER
FOR MAN TO EAT AND DRINK
AND PROVIDE HIMSELF
WITH GOOD THINGS
BY HIS LABORS.
EVEN THIS, I REALIZED,
IS FROM THE HAND
OF GOD.
 
Ecc. 2: 24
 
Over 49-almost 50 % of Americans are now on food stamps.  That is just about half the people of this nation.  Most would would rather be earning their bread by the sweat of their brows.  Many are working two to three part time jobs to put food on their tables.  Part time jobs are of low pay and few benefits.  What has happened to America?  Why are we now a service nation instead of a producing nation?  I don't know the answers, but I will share where I can.  Will you do so, also?
 
END
 P.S.  As i write this I noticed that there is a headline about food stamp scandels that has jus popped up.  I have not read it yet.
 






No comments: