Monday, November 26, 2012

ADVENT COMES NEXT SUNDAY

In one week...or next Sunday... the official beginning of the Liturgical season of Advent will arrive.  I look forward to the celebration of the birth of Christ.  I enjoy most of the Christmas season...but not the crowds, the traffic or the great greed that goes along with the holy/holidays.

I enjoy the lighting of the advent log/wreath and the prayers that make way for the birthday of He who became man so long ago.  No one else, rich, famous, powerful or gifted, has changed the face and heart of man as He did.
 
I went out to get my plates renewed this afternoon.  There was a cold rain coming down so as soon as I got my sticker and registration up to date, I climbed right back into the van and went home.  I don't like cold.  I did the same thing yesterday.  I went to a 4:00 P. M. mass.  By then some of the world had warmed up.  I wound up staying later than I had planned and feeding one of the residents.  I didn't get home until "late."  Well, after 7:30 anyway.

One of the things that I had in mind to get done, is to go get some inexpensive gifts for the residents at the home.  If you have relatives, friends or just want to do something for the elderly, keep in mind that many of the residents of any home have outlived their own family and have no one.  You can be a someone to them.

There isn't much going on.  Yes, I am still eating Turkey and home made Turkey Soup.  I will eat some more tomorrow and then it should be gone.  There is Turkey and Cornish Hen in the freezer for Christmas. I will not be buying much in the way of groceries for a couple of weeks or more.

So...that is my story.  I hope Tuesday will be a little warmer and more productive...I am just way too lazy.

+++
 
WHEN HANDS ARE LAZY,
THE RAFTERS SAG;
WHEN HANDS ARE SLACK,
THE HOUSE LEAKS.
BREAD AND OIL
CALL FORTH
MERRIMENT
AND WINE MAKES
LIVING GLAD,
BUT MONEY
ANSWERS FOR
EVERYTHING.
 
Eccl.10: 18-19
 
This passage or verses made me smile.  Except for the wine, it fits me to a tee.  That is why I call my house the 'tumble down house."   Well, it isn't quite ready to fall own on my head, I do not live richly or lavishly.  I have what I need.
 
Some of you might be interested in reading Ch. 1 of the Prophecy of Ezechiel.  In his vision he sees the coming of the four apostles.  This in the Catholic Bible Translation. 
 
END
 
 


No comments: