Friday, November 9, 2012

A normal day under God's sun.

It is a little harder for me to type as I seem to have some discomfort in the knuckles on my right hand.  I don't know if arthritis is settling in with the change in the weather or if I have simply whacked my hand.  This is also the hand that belongs to the arm that carries some plates, pins and screws of a little misadventure in 2009.

  I was in a new store that just opened up. I found potatoes on sale for $1.00 per 10 lb sack.  There was a limit of two bags per customer.  I think that tomorrow I will go back and get a couple bags for the church pantry.  Other than that, the day just flowed along and I flowed with it.

I came home and fell asleep on the couch, sitting upright.  Even 'though I went to bed "early" I am tired.  I was trying to read and couldn't keep my eyes open.  It is a sure sign that I am "over the hill" as my mother was the same way, often falling asleep with a book in her hand.

That reminds me to mention that I went to the library yesterday and picked up a couple of books.  One is about historical fantasy, HUNTING THE GHOST DANCER AND the other is about G. K. CHESTERSON-THE APOSTLE OF COMMON SENSE.   The fiction fantasy is all about the mingling of pre-history, archeology, anthropology, adventure, and all of that genre'.  The book about G. K. Chesterson is not fiction, but the meaningful and enlightening look at the inner man and his insights of the spiritual person.  I think I like his writings a whole lot better than the book SEVEN STORY MOUNTAIN which was so widely proclaimed back in the '60's and 70's.  So...which book do you think I started to read first?   Um, remember...I have a simple mind!

+++
 
WHAT WANDERER
HAVE I SEEN
WITHOUT CLOTHING
OR POOR MAN
WITHOUT COVERING;
WHOSE LIMBS
HAVE NOT BLESSED ME
WHEN WARMED
WITH THE FLEECE
OF MY SHEEP?
 
Job 31: 19-20
 
I know that everyone is thinking about the victims of Hurricane Sandy and the Nor'easter that tagged along for the ride, and that is as it should be.  But don't forget about your own neighbors who may also be cold, hungry or without shelter.  If you can give, do so.  If you can help them out, well and good, but perhaps if all you can offer are your prayers; that is a rich gift that can not be measured. 
 
END

No comments: