Thursday, November 15, 2012

HEAD BUTTING

Well, I got another big box or bread and one of the employees at the complex happily carried the bread in for me.  I may not be able to get any more.  The Salvation Army told me that I had more bread than they did and that they were out of bread.  I promised that if I were to get more I would bring it to them.  People start lining up there around 11:30 for a hot meal.  Remember the poor in your prayers.  Despite what the politicos are saying: Stuff isn't getting better and I expect it to get worse.

There are the disenfranchised that fall between the cracks.  They are the alcoholics, the drug users, the mentally and physically challenged.  No one wants to fool with them for the most part.  The Salvation Army does have a "soup kitchen," but not all that are in need can get there.  It is a pretty good walk for the elderly poor and some do not know there is hot food once a day for them.  So a lot of the residents go just around the corner to what I call the "Twinkies Store" to get snacks and soon their money is gone. Count your many blessings if you have food on your table.

So...this is what I have been doing today after church: running about to different agencies trying to get some help for the very poor among us.  No one wants to stick their Christianity out on the very front lines, citing government rules and regulations, lack of funds and lack of volunteers.  While all of this is true they tell me that I can do it from my house.  I don't have funds or the room either and I can't do it alone.  As they say in the army...T.S.  No, I won't tell you what T.S. means.  Ask your own brothers!

I just didn't accomplish much today.  Not at home or for the indigent.  I gave it the old school try and I am not finished yet.  I have been told that I am hard headed and I will try again.  I hope that my prayers and yours will lead for success of some kind or another.

+++
 
"THE WISH TO PRAY
IS PRAYER IN ITSELF"
 
by George Bananos
 
****
 
FOR HE SHALL
GIVE HIS ANGELS
CHARGE OVER
YOU,
TO KEEP YOU
IN ALL YOUR
WAYS.
THEY SHALL
BEAR YOU UP
IN THEIR HANDS,
LEST YOU
DASH YOUR
FOOT
AGAINST
A STONE.
 
Psalm 91: 11-12
 
I feel as if I have stumbled and stubbed my foot on a few stones today: as if I have hit my head on a brick wall.  It is hard to do unto others as you would have done onto yourself.  I guess if you keep hitting the wall, the wall may give way, sooner or later.  In the meantime, my head hurts in a figurative manner.  I'll keep on with the head-butting in a low key sort of way. Prayers are always answered in one way or another.
 
END
 


No comments: