Tuesday, November 20, 2012

LETS TALK TURKEY!!

I went out and did a little shopping.  I got my milk: I am a milk baby.  I also got a few other things and spent about $5.00 in the Ruler store and then went on to Sureway.  There I spent a little more.  I was going to buy a whole Turkey and roast it along with Cornish Hens.  Instead I bought a Turkey Breast.  It is more economical in the long run as there are no bones or waste.  I can roast it, slice it and freeze it for later.  I think that after church tomorrow I will stop and get a pie.  I am not very good at making deserts, esp. pie crust. 

There isn't any mass on Thursday unless you(I) want to get up around 5:30 A. M. and go to church in the dark.  I am not a morning person.  I spent many years on the eve. shift, often working until after midnight and going to bed even later.  My inner clock doesn't want to re-set.  I won't be getting up at 5: 30, in the early hours of the morning.  That is probably just about when Peter heard the cock crow thrice and you know how that worked out!  Me too.  If I hear the cock sound off at that hour I will probably pull all his tail feathers out and deny that I ever heard him crack open the dawn.  In reality...no joking...I can get up at 5:00 or 5:30-at the point of a gun.  Just don't get too trigger happy with me.

When I was at the Ruler Store I noticed that potatoes were still on sale for $.99 cents for 10 lbs. and that eggs are still $.39 cents a doz.  I continue to get my milk there for $.99 cents a gal.  I may go back and get more stuff to take to the church pantry after Thanksgiving and hope that other items may be on sale.  Meat or meat products are expensive anywhere you go or shop.  The Salvation Army was giving out processed venison the other day.  Gee, I wish I had just a little bit of good deer meat, too. 

I count my blessing, for which I have many.  I am not always able to vocalize what I think or feel, but I know that I have much more than many.  I know that many of my "peers" may think of me as poor, but I am not, for I have everything I need.  I wish that all people were as "rich" as I am.  My mother used to say that you can be poor in body, but you don't have to be poor in spirit.  She also said that as long as there was thread and needles in the house there was no excuse to go around with missing buttons or hems hanging out.  Did your mother say things like that, too?

I wish to add this:  It may seem as if I love to go shopping or spend money, but I don't enjoy it at all.  I don't enjoy the crowds, the pushing ahead in line, often times there is rudeness, esp. now in this hyped up commercial season.  I shop as I need to.  Don't like to be in the crush or rush of the season.  We have forgotten what it is all about.

+++
 
FOR WHERE
YOUR TREASURE IS,
THERE WILL BE
YOUR HEART,
ALSO. 
 
Matt.6: 21
***
 
Sometimes I use the New American Bible, but most of the time I use my "old" Catholic Bible which was printed in 1957.  I prefer my old Bible as I am familiar with it.  Use what you have as the interpretation are very close.  The numbering of the verses do differ, but are almost always in the same chapter.  I doesn't matter which Bible you have access to, as long as the message is clear and universal. 
 
END








No comments: