Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blessings

I just cut my hair.  I am trying to save money.  More of my nickles and dimes are going out than are coming in.  Anyway, it didn't turn out too bad considering I can't get my right arm up and over in order to trim the back on the right side.   I have had worse looking cuts where I really got carried away.  So my hair is acceptable, a bit gray, but OK, and I saved $22.00.  I think that I and all that read this post will probably need to save every Penney in the future.

The elections are over and we are in for some fun times.  I read that the people overseas really wanted Obama to win four more years in the White House.   Hmm.  Well, I will say that he is a decent kind of family man.

At this point, however, I urge everyone that can, to stock up on essentials;  You need four things to sustain you.  Shelter, food, water, and clothing.  Of course, you could do like Adam and Eve and go natural, but I don't really think that would be all that comfortable if wind, rain or snow were to blow your fig leaves away. 

One item that you would need that does not come in a can, box or grow on trees, is faith.  Faith is the most important essential ingredient for any kind of survival and it is the one commodity that you can't buy.  If you have faith, nourish it well and it will carry you through all the bad times and all the good days ahead.

I did get a couple things done today, but I am not quite finished.  I also need to clean up the hair on the floor.  I put papers down to catch my 'curly' locks, but some always escape me.  As I paid too much attention to the election results and it takes me a long time to cut my hair with one good working arm, I now need to get busy and take care of things.  My right arm does work, you know.  It finds the way for the fork and spoon...just right; too much higher than my open mouth is frosting on the cake...sort of.  So it goes!

+++
THE LORD BLESS YOU
AND KEEP YOU.
THE LORD MAKES
HIS FACE
SHINE UPON YOU;
AND BE GRACIOUS
UNTO YOU.
THE LORD LIFT UP
HIS COUNTENANCE
UPON YOU
AND GIVE YOU PEACE.
 
 
Numbers 6: 24-26
 
This just a very slight change in translation, from the thee and thous.  It is a very beautiful blessing. God said to Moses to  tell to Aron and his sons, that they invoke His name to the Israelites.  Amen, it is a blessing that we can give as well.
 
END

       

No comments: