Thursday, November 29, 2012

COMMON SENSE OF G. K. CHESTERSTON

A rare event today.  I stayed home.  I needed to get a few things done and a lot more besides.  I also pulled out Christmas wrapping paper so that I can start wrapping tomorrow.  I brought in the last of the bags from the back of the van.  So, tomorrow afternoon I hope to get started on wrapping stuff.

After mass I may go and do some more shopping as I don't know how many to buy and wrap for this year.  I think that this may be the last party for the residents as the home is to be sold.  When the home is gone...so am I.

As I am tired I will not write much tonight.  Lucky you!

"Angles fly because they
take themselves lightly."
 
from G. K. Chesterton
 
***
 
If you haven't read the works of Chesterton...you really should.  He was a great philosopher, but also wrote the Father Brown mysteries and had a wonderful sense of humor.  He was a beloved writer in England and of his time,  only recently becoming "known" here in the states. 
 
+++
 
SUBMIT YOURSELVES
THEREFOR TO GOD.
RESIST THE DEVIL
AND HE  WILL
FLEE FROM YOU.
 
James 4: 7
 
END


No comments: