Tuesday, November 6, 2012

BREAD OF LIFE


Well, I'm tired and I haven't done a thing.  I think it is because of the time change, getting up in the dark and a cold, rainy day without sunshine.  I like sunshine.

So I became a house plant today, doing just a few odd tasks around the house, falling asleep on the couch, yawning and watching some TV.  I think it was the TV that put me to sleep!

I got some bacon out of the freezer and made a BLT for my supper.  I haven't had one for a while and it was good for a change.  For those readers that are not familiar with a BLT, it is a bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich, usually on toast.

There isn't very much to post so this is a short one.  That is what happens on a Monday.  Tomorrow will be a little more active as I need to go out and do some things.

+++
 
BLESSED IS THE MAN
THAT ENDURES
TEMPTATION:
FOR WHEN HE
IS TRIED
HE SHALL RECEIVE
THE CROWN OF LIFE,
WHICH THE LORD
HAS PROMISED
TO THEM THAT
LOVE HIM.
 
***
 
James 1: 12
 
You know a little temptation is like homemade bread; It keeps rising and rising.  Every time you punch it down it rises up again.  It is hard to check temptation at the door and leave it in stasis.  It keeps popping up again and again.  For most of us-I hope-we can usually bake our bread without burning it.  Sometimes though, the bread comes out slightly burned or even badly burned.  A good cook will carefully watch what is cooking so that the food doesn't get ruined.  It is that way with temptation and we need to keep a close check on ourselves.  Almost everything can become a temptation right down to smallest slice of bread.  If our neighbor has bread and things are tough we might be tempted to take it.  Temptations can be, and often are small, but may become the log in our eye.  I think it is also called "coveting"  and being compelled to desire or take what is not ours to have.  In this modern worldly culture, we just have to wrestle with and endure temptations that assail us from everywhere.
 
P. S.  Tomorrow one is expected to get out and vote.  No one can tell you who to vote for.  For me it is simple: Vote for Life.
 
 END  
 






 

No comments: