Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nothing new under the sun...Son

"Christianity has  died
 many times
and risen again;
for it had a God
who knew the way
out of the grave."
***
from
G. K. Chesterton

I spent over $60.00 for gas this week and $5.00 for a meal.  Which do you think I enjoyed the most?  Well, gas has gone down to $3.10 for now, so I thought I would fill the tank before the price goes up again...and it will.  I am not happy of putting out that much money for gas, but it is a necessity.

I have bags of goodies that need to be wrapped for Christmas. There are more things in the van that I haven't brought in yet.  Anyone want to help me wrap presents?  Most of what I have to wrap has come from The Dollar Tree and cost $1.00 per item.  The residents won't care about the cost; they will be happy to get something and to have someone think of them.  Oh, did I hear someone volunteer to come help?  No?

Now you know what I have been up to today besides going to church.  I was surprised to see so many in church; all older people and one tiny baby. 

So, it was another day of washing cloths and washing dishes and that sort of thing.  I don't have lots of cloths...that still fit me, that is...so I have to keep up with what I have.  Oh, how I wish I could shed another 20 pounds!

 
GO
EAT YOUR BREAD
WITH JOY
AND DRINK
YOUR WINE
WITH A MERRY
HEART,
BECAUSE IT IS NOW
THAT GOD FAVORS
YOUR WORKS.
AT ALL TIMES
LET YOUR
GARMENTS BE WHITE
AND SPARE NOT
PERFUME
FOR YOUR HEAD.
 
Eccl. 9: 7-8
 
These verses and those that follow are telling us to enjoy what God has allowed us to do and accomplish "under the sun."  It is also perhaps, in reference to The Son to come, as well, and reminds us that life is fleeting...no one lives forever...therefore we should live in our best(white)clothing and live life well and for good.  Keep in mind that this my interpretation and not to be construed as anything "official."
 
END

No comments: