Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bathroom Humor




I have these cute little pictures on my bathroom wall. They are slightly blurry because I have to get up close to get the shot: I hope you can make them out.
There isn't much going on in these dreary, rainy days. We are well past the normal rainfall for this time of the year, for this area. The farmers are having a hard time getting the soybeans in from the fields and the winter wheat planted. The ground is just too soft and muddy.
I walked out to the garden this afternoon. I saw a couple green tomatoes that I hope to get tomorrow. There are some greens left, as I have mentioned. There are some second growth cabbages waiting for a dryer day for harvesting and the radishes that have re-seeded. Some really hot peppers are hanging on the vines, but they can stay there. Too hot for me.
My niece called me and said they are getting ready to put their house on the market. She is thinking of moving to upstate N. Y. where there are no jobs, no money, long, cold winters and high taxes. N. Y. State is bankrupt and if it were me I would be moving south where the taxes are lower, utilities are cheaper and land and houses are more reasonable. But that's just me...my way of thinking.
A friend of mine is buying a smaller house and says she will give me her console TV and a really nice computer desk. She will be getting new stuff for her new house. Experience tell me not to hold my breath in anticipation. We will see.
There just isn't much to write about when I can't get out and about.

No comments: