Thursday, October 22, 2009

Coffee








I have always had the impression that coffee was a South American product and export. I was wrong, but also right. Coffee first appeared in the 9h century when it was consumed in Ethiopia. In the fifteenth century it spread from Ethiopia, to Yemen and Turkey, to Africa and than to Italy. From the Muslim countries it spread to the rest of Europe to the Americas...that's us. It is now the most consumed drink in the world. It is the world's most inexpensive luxury. The best coffee is the Arabica species and 72% is grown in Brazil and Columbia.
The picture above is my coffee supply. It will last me for quite some time because I only drink one cup per day. It is a rare occasion that I would drink two cups. It is a mild diuretic and a mild stimulant. LOA's...I don't need another diuretic.
There are various ways to make and drink coffee. I like lots of milk in mine. My brother-in-law once asked me if I wanted a little coffee in my milk. I think he was being cynical...or snotty. Each to his own, I just don't like strong, bitter coffee and that is how my sister made it. Now she is deceased and I would be happy if she were around to make strong coffee. I would drink it dregs and all.

I have stayed in most of this week other than going to the Goodwill Store and to the Doctor's office. I have lots of books to read at the moment and plenty of food. I could camp out...in. I will possibly go to The Salvation Army Store and/or Goodwill Store. I am still looking for and old fashioned percolator. I know I will find one, sooner or later. By the way, do you think I need more coffee? HeeHee!

THE END
P. S. Coffee by itself has no calories, but does have vit. B complex... so it is sort of good for you.

No comments: