Friday, October 30, 2009

Bugs 'n Viruses

It's coming. It's on the way. It's traversing up through the South American countries. Arriving soon in a place near you. If you think H1N1 is a poor house guest just wait until the H3N2 Virus comes knocking on your door. It is more virulent and deadly than what is skipping through the country right now. Whereas H1N1 has targeted the young... pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems..this unwelcome relative wants to visit the older generation, unpack its lethal bag and stay a while. Gee, a virus that targets the young and another virus that wants to vacation with the elderly, the weak and ill and anyone over 50. A designer bug....population control?



I tried to get a regular flu shot and there are none to be had here where I live. I did post that. I can't get the H1N1 shot, either. Too bad, so sad.



My "weather arm" has been telling me to stay home, dry and warm. It kept me awake most of the night. It is a bit puffy and sensitive just where the plates are, my hand is stiff and some of my fingers are numb. Think it might rain...again?



When I was planning to retire I thought I might start painting again. Now, I don't have the fine motor control in my hand. Sometimes when I try to lift something as small as a cup of coffee my whole arm and hand will become tremulous. I wanted to drive my Motor Home into the west and pan for gold. Every since I was a little kid I have wanted to pan for gold. I don't know why, but I know now I can't...so I blog. Oh Well.

I didn't go out the door today as the rain was coming down and the wind was blowing. I do want to get out and about, but I will wait. I am good at waiting. I am still waiting to win the lottery, waiting to lose a few pounds, waiting for my hair to turn back from silver to black...and stuff like that. Good thing I am the patient sort as I may have a long wait.

END

No comments: