Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Something for fun


Above is the 1776 Centennial Clock I bought in 1976 to celebrate the 1776 Centennial. We were 200 years into the "Great Experiment." I wonder if we will make it another 100 years...or even survive the next 50. On the front glass the preamble to the Constitution is lettered in gold script. Once in a while I get ambitious and wind the clock.
In the right hand corner is the poor man's Colon Cleanser. You know that stuff that is advertised on the radio all the time or you can buy online for ridiculous amounts of green fiber(money... paper). Of course, I am a 'do it yourself-er kind of person and these items are really good "Colon Cleansers." All kidding aside I do believe that toxic tummies are the cause of a lot of health problems, but I also believe that "natural" is better and far cheaper.
This morning was my trip to the eye Doctor. He asked me why I was using a certain eye drop..well, he is the one who prescribed it to me...and it is darn expensive at that.
It is raining and there is a definite chill in the air. I had been planning to try to do a little yard work...or as much as my arm could tolerate at any giving time. However, it is supposed to rain all week so that plan is out.
When I was at Wal-Mart yesterday I bought a roast chicken. Now I won't have to cook much for a few days. I found Chicken Noodle soup on sale so I got a few cans of those, too. My pantry runneth over. I am not the only one that seems to be stocking up. One lady came out of Wal-Mart with her cart loaded with several large packages of TP...toilet paper. It was the only item in her cart. I think she may be using my "Colon Cleanser."
I have had to get up early for the past few days and now I am sleepy. I don't want to take a nap because if I do I won't sleep tonight.
I am still having problems with Explorer Windows shutting down all the time and having to work around it. I don't know if I can buy a disk to correct the dysfunction or not. If cats and dogs are not dropping out of the sky tomorrow I may go over to Office Depot to see if they have anything to 'fix' windows. My new Norton security is doing OK so far.
Its time to eat some of that chicken from Wally-World. P.S., have you ever wondered about the origin of words? For example, why is toil-et paper spelled thus; toilet paper. Is it a job. occupation? Hmmm.
END

No comments: