Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oldie but Goodie-no electricity needed

Here is a picture of my old fashioned "Kitchen Aid." I guess you can call it an antique , but it is a usable antique. It chops and shreds and makes good Cole slaw. No electricity needed. It works and I do use it. I guess I have all the attachments. I found it in the Goodwill Store years ago. It has UNIVERSAL stamped on the side and MADE IN THE USA on the handle.

After my Mother passed away I wanted to retrieve hers, but most of the attachments were missing and the wooden handle had lost or split way. I suspect that it had been left in a sink full of water and it ruined the wooden handle(brothers can be slobs...LOA). I didn't retrieve it; it made me sad that it has been abused and misused. You can buy them new, even now, but you will pay a good price.

I also found a "food chopper" at the Good Will Store. It also has all the chopping cup attachments. I remember when my Mother got hers in the early fifties. It was pretty nifty in those days. As with the grinder, it had been used and abused. I left that behind, too. Now I wish I had salvaged what parts and attachments that I found, but who knows what you can need or run across in the future...my favorite place...the Good Will Store.

I spent a few hours cleaning out files and defragmenting my computer. I deleted some junk and will get rid of more. I deleted over 1000 e-mails. I may change my e-mail address just so I want get so much junk mail.

It has rained most of the night and all day. I didn't go out to get this computer looked at. I am hoping it can be "fixed" while I wait...LOL's. It is just a pain to work around Explorer Windows shutting down all the time.

Thusly, mostly..the ENDLY...for the DAILY

No comments: