Saturday, October 3, 2009

Trash

I have come to the conclusion that I am becoming a trash addict; or a hoarder of minor proportions. The reason I say this is because I pulled a bunch of junk out from under the sink trying to determine where the ants were coming from. No, I'm not going to show a picture. I thought I might find a leaky pipe or connection somewhere, but I instead I found my least favorite little things. Mouse droppings prevail. I have been trying toss out any thing attractive to Micky and Minnie.

I had been saving used plastic baggies. Even though they were washed, clean and dried, I suppose the residual food aroma lingeres. I tossed them all out, vacuumed and cleaned. I found white shoe polish and that went, too. I am not wearing white shoes to work anymore. Some odds 'n ends went out on the back porch. I found several canisters of Comet and some bathroom cleaners. You know, I went through most of this stuff not too long ago. I have a few other things to consider tossing out, including a cookie sheet that I burned and couldn't get clean. Out it goes and I will use up some of the cleansers right away.

Some of the cleansers I was using contain Lysol in pressurized cans. When you spray you should pray. That stuff gets in the air and you get to inhale some of that fine mist. No matter how carefully you are, it is like the flu bug; its in the air. I think in the future I will buy liquid cleansers in bottles. It cleans just as well and may be cheaper, but I haven't really done any price comprising. You don't have to worry about the cans going bad or losing pressure. Our parents didn't have all this cabinet junk around and lived better, cheaper and safer.

I am waiting for the cabinets under the sink to dry before I put things back. I lot less is going in than came out. Mickey and Minnie need a new home. I have tried hard over the years to keep mice and insects out of the house...I don't like sharing my humble abode with them. My house is built low to the ground and is in "perfect walking distance" for creepy, crawly visitors from the yard and gardens. I thought I saw a little sign in the yard...saying "OPEN HOUSE."

End

No comments: