Tuesday, January 19, 2010

All about You


It's all about you...or me. Actually it isn't. We are only here for a short time. Make the most of it. We..and thee, are like a whisper in the wind. Think of yourself as a dry leaf carried on a breeze. As a leaf is subject to the wafting of the tidal airs that flow, you will be as the currents of the sea. You will not know where the waters will take you.


We all worry about the most insignificant trivia. We don't have time for it. We could be gone in the blink of of God's eye. You could be the most beloved person on earth and suddenly...no more. You may be the most reviled individual that ever walked in a pair of shoes and live a long life of misery. Maybe, like the victim's of war, disease and earthquakes, become just a sad memory.


Don't waste your time and days wailing and gnashing your your teeth or bemoaning your fate. Make your days count and savor them. The night may be long; tomorrow may never come.

Be like the "Lilly's of the Field" or the "Birds of the Air." It isn't about you; It isn't about me. It just is.


Don't be a "vampire" personality. They suck all the joy and happiness from a room and anyone in it. Bring sunlight into your proximity. If you can't have some joy in your heart you can not share joy or happiness.


I know that when I am gone from this earthly plane my absence will hardly be noticed, but that is OK; it's not about me.


I did cook the chicken. It turned out well. I will have enough for several meals. Now, I just have to do the dishes.
END

No comments: