Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Short Shifting



Of course, the news is full of what has happened in Haiti. A grim reminder of one of the reasons that we should take actions on own behalf for whatever the fates may hand us. Take it seriously and prepare accordingly.

We have such luxuries. Even the poorest of our poor, have agencies, churches, programs, food banks, government support of some type or another to lean on...for now. As the Corporate Government of America squeezes your purse tighter than a rusty nut on the White House Door... I think all our "fail safe" expectations of social legislation will become nil...hard to acquire, if at all.
Social Security has already felt the pinch as there will be no cost of living increase. The once inviolate fund was taken and poured into the General Fund to balance the budget more than 30 years ago. It isn't the Social Security that broke the bank; blame a free wheeling, free spending, "borrowing" congress. That reminds me: Wern't they supposed to pay that back? HA!
I went "short shopping." Which means I didn't spend much money. I spent more on gas than I did on groceries. $15 bucks for gas, just enough to get where I had to go and for food, $13 bucks. I am really, really glad I stocked up last summer ...really.
Again I just couldn't write about angles. I am sure they are there, I just couldn' write about them.
END

No comments: