Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow moving in


Just in case no one remembers: I told everyone several times that we would have a long, hard, cold winter. I also encouraged stocking up on all essentials and needed preparations to endure the season and weather. I wonder if anyone took the advise. Well, I won't say "I told you so."

I have been enjoying big slices of Pumpkin Bread slathered cheese. Tonight or tomorrow I intend tart a crock pot of vegetable soup. Nothing better than good, hot soup on a cold day or evening.

Here is what I intend to use.

1 can of Hunts spaghetti sauce.
1 package of frozen vegetables.
1 package frozen tomatoes.
1 small can of chicken meat.
various herbs and seasoning to taste.

Pretty simple and the crock pot will do the work. I have all of theses items in the freezer or the pantry and some of the frozen up if I am to start over in-from my next garden the spring-I hope.

I dragged out some heavy clothing which I intend to put through the washing machine to freshen them up. The weather is supposed to get much colder and I want to be ready.

END

No comments: