Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow




We got snow. One newspaper said 8.5 inches; it it was probably about six inches. Two guys came by and wanted to shovel the walk and cleared a path to the van. That was just fine with me-worth it. I went to get my snow shovel out the other day and the storage room door was frozen shut. This snow will probably melt off fast as it is supposed to start warming up and then rain. I am thinking this may be the last gasp of wickedly cold weather. Not springtime yet, but maybe the bitter winds will slack off to a more "normal" season. I'll ask Al Gore if it is safe to think about a garden. NOT.
On Monday I think I will probably post a short notation on a "prepper" tip. I am a minor "prepper" and a "Teabager." Nothing exciting, but something to think about in lite of the disasters that are reported daily. Don't trust the government to be able to take care of you or be able to come to your aid if something untoward occurs here, there, or even in your own backyard.
Now I am going to microwave some bacon and fry some potatoes-then eat more cookies.
END

No comments: