Monday, January 11, 2010

Mystery Wine



This is a mystery to me. I finished syphoning off the rest of the home made wine and observed that the wine in the bottom of the jug was much lighter than the first. I would have thought that the fluid in the bottom of the jug would have been darker than the wine drawn of from the upper portion because the sediment is is in the bottom. I can't tell the difference in bouquet (smell) and I haven't really tasted either one. The darker bottle is the first one to have been drawn off. A mystery to me. Maybe Beverly knows.
Just about lunch time it started to snow real hard and came down for about an hour or so with flurries now and then. Looking out the back door watching the short "snow job" I could see the birds attacking their "feed bag." I wanted to get a picture or two, but they didn't stay sill long enough, flying and swooping in and out. I saw the cardinals get driven off by the Grackles and another kind of black bird. The Grackles always do that-they are bigger and more aggressive. However, there is plenty for all the feathered feasters and as it was cold on the back porch, I came back in.
For Sunday evening supper I cooked Spam' n Eggs. I found that frying the Spam makes it much more palatable and cooks some of the salt out, whereas I didn't need to add salt to the eggs. Using left over bacon grease gave it a more "Ham 'n Eggs" flavor than a Spam 'n Eggs blah-ness. I broke down and got some sliced pork roast out of the freezer, which is itself in the freezer,(back porch) as I came back in from bird watching.
It is time for a cup of good, hot, black tea to warm me up- and maybe a couple of Beverly's cookies.
END

No comments: