Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Books


I went to the library today. It is one of my favorite places. I took two books back and picked up three more. I do not find Obama-vision entertaining and he is on TV all the time. I would rather read a good book because his speeches are always the same, just in a different guise.
So, I did get out a little before the expected foul weather come in from the Northwest. It looks it will skim by this area and affect the southern folks more than where I sit. Still, we may get some freezing rain-sleet or a little snow. I don't want any of it, but we get what we get.
I probably should have stopped and picked up some milk and goodies. I'll get by well enough, but when your stuck inside it is nice to have a bit of junk food-yes, I know...it isn't good stuff for the waistline.
I took some blouses to the Goodwill Store. They are in good condition, but for some funny reason they won't button up the front. HA! I washed them and folded them, but did not iron them. Someone else can do that.
My next trip to the Goodwill Store I hope to take in some old books and pamphlets. Of course, when you get rid of stuff you are just making room for more stuff and I don't need more stuff.
I also stopped to see how they were doing on the old Nash. I guess it has brakes now. I asked them at the garage to replace the top radiator hose as it has a split in it and to put an inner tube in the front tire. It keeps going flat. After that I may put it up on e-bay.
Again, I am living life in the slow lane because there isn't much to do when it is cold out or I just don't wanna. Hmmm, I think I just don't wanna.
END

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of guy who passions to taste fresh stuff. Presently I'm constructing my hold photovoltaic panels. I am managing it all alone without the aid of my men. I'm using the net as the only way to acheive this. I ran across a truly amazing website that explains how to create solar panels and so on. The place explains all the steps involved in diy solar panel construction.

I am not really sure bout how accurate the information given there iz. If some experts over here who have xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the site it will be grand and I'd really treasure it, cauze I really lav [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/diy-solar-panel-construction-is-it-really-possible]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. You guys are great.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I didn't know there were any
Nash Ramblers left on the planet !!

My wife had one when I met Her back in 1970.

Thanks for the memory, Ron

Anonymous said...

I have a 4 door, flathead, six cyl. Delux Nash. It is an all orginal 1960 model. It doese run, is plated and insured. Needs body and inteior work/restoration. Even has orginal hubcaps!