Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pumpkin Bread and stuff




Yes, I cheated. I am not a hard core, fingers in the dirt, survivalist. I look for the easy, inexpensive way to do things or cook. The Pumpkin Bread came from a box and here is why.
By the time you add the cost of 1 can of pumpkin, flour, eggs, sugar, nuts or raisins and cooking oil, time and energy in the baking, the price of the Pumpkin Bread has become expensive. A box of Pumpkin Bread mix usually cost around or 99 cents or less. I can make Pumpkin Bread from scratch, but this is a much cheaper baking project and what I can add what I like. I am partial to Walnuts and raisins.
I got a plastic "jar" of Peanut Butter out of the freezer. I bought several "jars" last summer when they were on sale and stuck most of them in the freezer for later use. Now is later. When it thaws out I intend to make a Peanut Butter Pie. Contents in plastic containers will freeze OK and I have already used some up without a problem.
I am digging into my can goods and freezer supplies and happy that I have the foodstuffs on hand. If the snow is coming down or the rain is flowing, I get to stay in and watch the people in the street hustling along in misery. By spring most of my stocking up stuff will depleted and it will be time to start the process over.
P. S. I have already cut into the Pumpkin Bread and it is good...yum.
END

No comments: