Friday, February 19, 2010

CASH OUT THE CARDS





I love this picture. It sort of reminds me of bygone days, 'though we were too poor to "stock up" or plan ahead. We were the poorest of the poor. Sadly, I think such poverty is being relearned in the wealthiest country in the world.


We ate beans and beans and more beans. It's a good thing beans are "good" for you, but it was a long time before I would eat beans in my adulthood. I guess that is one of the reasons that I "prepare for the worst" in my senior years. I will eat beans, but I don't want to be forced to eat beans. Another reason is that Mother Nature can play some dirty deeds and your health can play havoc. I found this out the hard way last year with a fractured elbow, ice storms and snow. When you can't get out and about...you have fallen into the pickle jar...so I stock up and prepare.


Today I dragged in several bags of canned goods from the van and have more to bring in. Tomorrow is another day and I hope to finish "cleaning" out the van and making the vehicle look like a van again.


Now, I just shop for things such as bread, milk, eggs and a few perishables. I think I spent all of about $30-40 dollars this month. Next month I hope to get canned fruit to put on the shelf for now and later. I hope to be able to can veggies better than I did last year.


Today I cancelled another credit card and cut it into teeny, tiny pieces. 15% interest is just too high. I feel that I am paying interest on my own money. So...CASH IS KING. Remember when your word was good and you could buy on time? That just shows how old I am because it has probably been 50 years since you could walk into a local merchant's store and "buy on credit."


I continue to urge people to get out of debt, stock up on food and water and do like the Mormons and Amish do...become a little self-sufficient island in the eye of turmoil. Maybe you will never need to be prepared, but...it can't hurt.


END


1 comment:

Prepaid travel cash cards said...

Here is lots of useful information about Prepaid travel cash cards also you can directly apply for money cards, travel cards and travel currency cards.