Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ho Ho ,Snow


Oh yes, that's me. Sitting on the couch watching TV...being lazy. Today I have been reading a good book, rather than staring mindlessly at the TV.
Beverly (big sister) has not had power or heat since about 8 P. M. Saturday eve. and they can't get the generator to put..put. They are socked in with about 2 feet of snow in Virginia. Here-one inch is enough for me . Never fear: more snow is coming around Monday or Tuesday. The weather is cantankerous everywhere across the country.
I did a little cooking in the pressure cooker this afternoon. I have an electric digital pressure cooker that is so nice to cook in. I also have a 4 qt. pressure cooker that can be used on either the gas or electric stove(yes, I have 2 cook stoves). I could cook outside if I had to, but I wouldn't want to in this kind of weather.
I have gas heat, but I also have a kerosene heater on the back porch...just in case. I have been trying to get ""certain people to buy a kerosene heater for time of duress...you know...like when the lights go out and the heat is from electric power. Kerosene heaters are much safer than they were 50 years ago. As in all heaters, caution should be the word of the day. When I use mine I turn it off at night and crawl into a nice warm bed.
Because I am lazy or just can't...won't...get out and about, there isn't much to write about.
END

No comments: